ROM hack for: Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee! (Nintendo Switch)
Pokémon Let’s Go! Polished Pikachu and Let’s Go! Enhanced Eevee are basic difficulty hacks made for Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee!. Unlike my previous ROM hacking work, their changes are much less of an overhaul to the game.
Unlike my usual ROM hacking work, these have not been rigorously beta tested. Please point out any move or Pokémon mismatches! This is my first-ever hack done entirely in raw hex instead of through a GUI tool like Kaphotics’ PK3DS.
While my previous hacks are known for being tough as nails even by ROM hack standards, this hack targets a balance closer to Game Freak’s official Black/White 2 Challenge Mode. I hope you enjoy it!
Don’t worry about this setting a trend. When Gen VIII rolls around, I’m going to give it the full treatment as a sequel to my Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon.
Gym Leaders, Rocket bosses, Rival battles, Gym rematches, Coach Trainers, and more have received new or edited teams to provide better challenge! Many Trainers now have more Pokémon on their teams than in base Let’s Go Pikachu / Eevee, as well! Many route Trainers have also received small adjustments for a more enjoyable game experience. The graph above approximates the location of “hard battles” in the game, each time the blue line approaches or crosses the purple line indicates a battle that should be a solid challenge! This mod edits over 120 Trainers!
Reduced EXP Yield
Pokémon now only yield 75% of their normal EXP. This allows the player to counteract the effects of the always-on Experience Share and prevent overleveling!
If you’re still higher level than you’d like, you can overwrite the EXP mod included with Let’s Go Polished Pikachu / Enhanced Eevee with the 60% or 35% (Co-Op) mods I have released.
Expanded Wild Encounters
All Version Exclusive species are available in both versions, and Gift Pokémon and Mew have been added to the world. Encounter locations can be found here.
If you prefer a different encounter mod, you can overwrite Let’s Go Polished Pikachu or Enhanced Eevee’s defaults with any of these other encounter mods.
If you would prefer default encounters, delete the “/bin/field” folders included in this mod.
Nerfed Partner Super Moves
This mod reduces the base power of all of the unique Partner Moves, leaving them strong but not hideously overpowered.
Evolve Without Trading
This mod allows all Trade Evolutions, as well as Meltan, to evolve via Level-up at Lv42. If you would prefer a different level, overwrite the included atmosphere folder with any Alternate Trade Evolutions mod from here.
Just like my other Pokémon Let’s Go mods, this one loads seamlessly and effortlessly with Atmosphère CFW’s LayeredFS feature!
- Download the zip file and extract the “atmosphere” folder to the root of your SD card.
- Boot up your Switch with Atmosphere CFW. If you’re not currently using Atmosphere CFW, I recommend setting it up with this guide.
- Load up Let’s Go Pikachu or Let’s Go Eevee (the mod applies to both versions). These mods work on cartridge or eShop copies of Let’s Go.
- Enjoy the mod! I can’t currently edit the title screen or game text, so it might be hard to tell that the mod is working. If Route 1 never spawns a wild Bellsprout or Oddish, the mod has loaded correctly!
- To uninstall, delete the “atmosphere/titles/010003F003A34000” and “atmosphere/titles/0100187003A36000” folders from your SD card.
- If you are using another CFW, such as SX OS or ReiNX, you need to rename the “atmosphere” folder to whatever that CFW expects for LayeredFS. I offer absolutely zero tech support for CFWs other than Atmosphere. ReiNX in particular is known to break with LayeredFS Let’s Go mods.
Pokémon, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, Pokémon Ultra Moon, Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee!, Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu!, the Pokémon logo, and all other related content are intellectual property of GAME FREAK, Creatures Inc, The Pokémon Company, and Nintendo.
This project is a free modification that requires an existing copy of an official Pokémon game to function. It does not require, endorse, or encourage piracy of Nintendo or GAME FREAK content. If you want to play this mod, please purchase the official release.